With the wide-spread adoption of virtualization and big data, storage has become a key element of IT infrastructures. A slowdown or failure of the storage tier causes key applications to fail and in turn, affects the business.
eG Enterprise storage monitor is a unified monitoring, diagnosis and reporting solution for your storage infrastructure. From a central web console, administrators can monitor all of their storage devices and can correlate storage performance with the other tiers. This way, they can detect and fix situations when storage is the cause of a performance bottleneck.
Many of the tiers of an IT infrastructure depend on storage. Hence, when a slowdown happens administrators have to determine whether the slowdown is due to storage or is it due to the other tiers.
Even when a problem is storage-related, further diagnosis is a challenge. Disk failure, bottlenecks in the SAN switches, excessive I/O activity on a specific logical unit (LUN), etc., can cause performance issues. In-memory storage caching adds another layer that has to be considered. To keep the infrastructure performing well, administrators must proactively detect issues, pin-point the cause of the problem and initiate corrective action.
eG Innovations provides the best value for the money coupling visibility and excellent reporting. Using their automatic root cause analysis we avoided throwing $$ at the problem and realized $20K in savings - immediately.
CEO, Office Port
Unified Storage Monitoring, Diagnosis and Reporting
- Broad coverage - Dell EqualLogic, IBM DS RAID, HP EVA, HP 3PAR, EMC VNX and Clariion, and Hitachi AMS and USP, any SMI-S compliant storage device
- Deep visibility into storage sub-system components: fiber channel switches, host ports, controllers, LUNs, physical disks, caches, enclosures, and hosts
- Simplifies problem diagnosis by correlating storage performance with that of other infrastructure tiers
- Historical trends, baselines and reports to help right-size the current infrastructure and plan for future growth
What the eG SAN Monitoring Reveals
- Has any temperature sensor failed or is reporting an abnormal value?
- Are the fans operating normally in the enclosure and on the controller?
- Has any power supply unit failed or is about to fail?
- Is any controller utilizing CPU resources excessively?
- Has any fibre channel port failed or is about to fail?
Isolate Storage Performance Bottlenecks
- Are all device ports, physical disks, disk groups, LUNs and controllers healthy and performing normally?
- Is the I/O traffic on any disk group abnormally high?
- Is any physical disk experiencing slowdowns during read/write operations?
- Which external host is responsible for the maximum number of requests?
- Does the disk array have many outstanding requests to be processed?
- By proactively detecting and resolving problems quickly, you can ensure business continuity and keep your users productive and satisfied
- Increase business efficiency by ensuring great application performance and uptime
- eG Enterprise Universal Insight is a force multiplier for IT productivity. With the total application performance visibility it offers, even helpdesk personnel are empowered to detect and resolve problems quickly
- In-depth analytics enable storage architects to optimize their server and storage tiers to deliver better performance
- Provide a consistent and unified view for all the different stakeholders in your organization
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
- eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic IT infrastructure performance monitor
- Gain actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate, from application code to bare metal
- Understand the impact of infrastructure issues on application performance and user experience
- Unify IT performance monitoring, alerting, diagnosing, reporting, and capacity planning in a single console
- Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency
- Benefit from flexible deployment options (on-premises and SaaS) and IT monitoring approaches (agentless and agent-based)
“With eG Innovations, we are reducing system maintenance and support costs, avoiding incremental IT spending and eliminating system downtime across the hospital. Performance and prediction reports help us optimize IT spending and save $100,000 per year.
Manager, ICT GHZ
“eG Innovations delivers a robust, reliable and extremely valuable solution to deliver maximum uptime and user satisfaction. Pre-emptive alerting helps us to address performance issues immediately before they affect system and application availability.
Senior Manager, Allscripts
“With eG Enterprise, we can now quickly identify root causes of incidents, resolving them before users are impacted. Automatic prioritization and categorization of alerts helps us better focus on the important issues and prioritize our resources accordingly.”
Senior Consultant, C5 Alliance