Assigning External Agents to Hosts
You can assign an external agent to multiple hosts simultaneously, so that all applications managed on that host are automatically associated with that external agent. For this purpose, do the following:
- Select the External Agents option from the Agents tile.
- From the External agent list in Figure 1, select the external agent for which you want to assign hosts.
- The hosts that are currently managed by the chosen agent will appear in the Hosts managed by this agent list box (see Figure 1). The other hosts, which may be associated with other external agents, appear in the Hosts managed by other external agents list box.
- To assign the selected external agent to multiple hosts, select the hosts from the Hosts managed by other external agents list box and click the < button.
- To disassociate the external agent from hosts with which they are currently associated, select the hosts from the Hosts managed by this agent list box and click the > button.
- The ASSOCIATE>> button enables the administrator to add a host(s) to the existing list of hosts that are being targeted by the external agent under consideration. Similarly, the << Disassociate button allows the user to move the selected host to the list of hosts that are not monitored by this agent.
- Finally, click the Update button.
On the other hand, if you want to assign hosts to a particular external agent, click the button that corresponds to that agent, as indicated by Figure 2.