Assigning External Agents to Hosts
You can assign an external agent to multiple hosts simultaneously, so that all applications managed on that host are automatically associated with that external agent. For this purpose, do the following:
- Select the External Agents option from the Agents tile.
To assign hosts to any external agent, click the Associate/Disassociate Hosts button in Figure 1 that then appears. This will open Figure 1.
Figure 1 : Associating hosts in the environment with an external agent
- From the External agent list in Figure 1, select the external agent for which you want to assign hosts.
- The hosts that are currently managed by the chosen agent will appear in the Hosts managed by this agent list box (see Figure 1). The Hosts managed by list will list all the other external agents in the target environment. From this list, choosing the external agent of your choice will populate all the hosts associated with that external agent.
- To assign the selected external agent to multiple hosts, select the hosts that are populated in the Hosts managed by list box and click the < button.
- To disassociate the external agent from hosts with which they are currently associated, repeat the procedure mentioned from step 3 - 5.
- Finally, click the Update button.
On the other hand, if you want to assign hosts to a particular external agent, click the button that corresponds to that agent, as indicated by Figure 2.
Figure 2 : Clicking on the Associate Hosts button of a particular external agent