Deleting a Component Added Manually
To delete a component that has been manually added to the eG Enterprise system using the Add/Modify option, do the following:
- Select the Add/Modify option from the Components menu of the Infrastructure tile.
When Figure 1 appears, select a component Category and then the Component type to which the component to be deleted belongs.
- If components of the chosen type pre-exist in the eG Enterprise system, the same will be displayed as depicted by Figure 1.
- To delete a component, click the icon corresponding to that component.
A message box will then appear requesting your confirmation to delete the component (see Figure 2).
Figure 2 : A message box requesting your confirmation to delete the component
Click the Yes button to delete the component or the No button to cancel deletion.
By default, deleted components cannot be automatically discovered by the eG manager’s rediscovery process. You can however override this default behavior when configuring manager discovery. To achieve this, follow the steps below:
- Select the Discovery option from the Infrastructure tile.
- In the discovery tree of the page that then appears, the General option under the Settings sub-node of the Manager Discovery node will be chosen by default. Accordingly, the right panel will display the manager discovery - general settings page (see Figure 11).
- In the right panel, the Re-discover deleted components flag will be set to No by default. To make sure that the discovery process rediscovers deleted components, set this flag to Yes.
- Finally, click the Update button to save the changes.
- eG Enterprise disallows the deletion of components that are part of segments/services.