How to Monitor Array Application Delivery Controller Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the Array Application Delivery Controller appliance using an eG remote agent that is deployed on a remote Windows host in the environment. This agent is capable of monitoring the performance of the target delivery controller in the following ways:
- By polling the SNMP MIB of the appliance;
- By connecting to the delivery controller via SSH and running CLI commands;
To enable the eG agent to use the aforesaid methodologies, a set of pre-requisites should be fulfilled. These requirements have been discussed in the following section.
To enable the eG agent to collect performance metrics from the Array Application Delivery Controller, the following pre-requisites should be fulfilled:
- The target appliance should be SNMP-enabled.
- The eG agent should be able to access the target appliance over the network.
- The eG agent should be able to communicate with the target delivery controller via SSH. For this, specify the SSH port (default port: 22) in the test configuration page and ensure that the SSH port is opened on the firewall (if any) between the agent and the target appliance.
- Configure the credentials of a user who is authorized to access the target delivery controller via the SSH port. This can be achieved when managing the target delivery controller using the eG administrative interface. The same set of credentials should also be specified while configuring the tests.
- To execute majority of the CLI commands on the ArrayOS, the specified user should also have the privilege to issue the CLI commands in the Enable mode after logging into the delivery controller. Since the user can access majority of the commands in the Enable mode, this mode has been protected with a password to ensure an additional layer of security.
Once the above-said pre-requisites are fulfilled, manage the Array Application Delivery Controller component using eG administrative interface. The steps for achieving this are discussed in the Managing the Array Application Delivery Controller