Managing the Array Application Delivery Controller
The Array Application Delivery Controller appliance cannot be automatically discovered by eG Enterprise. This implies that you will have to manually add the target delivery controller into the eG Enterprise system to manage it. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. Follow the steps below to achieve the same:
- Login to the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the components page that appears, select Array Application Delivery Controller from the Component type drop-down and then click the Add New Component button.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name of the Array Application Delivery Controller component in Figure 1. Since the target delivery controller is monitored in an agentless manner, select Linux as the OS and SSH as the Mode.
- Next, provide the credentials of a user who can run the CLI commands on the target delivery controller via the SSH Port, in the User and Password text boxes.
- Then, click the Add button to register the changes.
Configuring the tests
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2.
- Click on the tests to configure them. To know how to configure these tests, refer to the Monitoring the Array Application Delivery Controller chapter.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.