How to Monitor Cisco Meraki Using eG Enterprise?
The broad steps for monitoring Cisco Meraki using eG Enterprise are as follows:
- Managing the Cisco Meraki
- Configuring the tests
These steps have been discussed in following sections.
Managing the Cisco Meraki
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover Cisco Meraki. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage Cisco Meraki, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select Cisco Meraki as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the web URL of the target Cisco Meraki Controller dashboard in the Host IP text box. For example, if the web URL of the Cisco Meraki Controller dashboard that you are about to monitor is api.meraki.com, then, you need to specify api.meraki.com against the Host IP text box.
- Specify the Nick name for the Cisco Meraki in Figure 1. By default, the Cisco Meraki component is monitored in an agentless manner. Therefore, the Agentless flag will be checked by default.
- Next, choose Other as the OS and Web Service as the Mode for monitoring the Cisco Meraki component.
- Finally, click the Add button to register the changes.
Configuring the tests
When you attempt to sign out of eG administrative interface, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2. This list reveals the unconfigured tests that require manual configuration.
Figure 2 : List of tests that need to be configured for the Cisco Meraki
- To configure the tests, click on the test names in the list of unconfigured tests. To know more on how to configure the tests, refer to Monitoring the Cisco Meraki chapter.
- Once all the tests are configured, signout of the eG administrative interface.