Managing the Citrix ADM HDX Insight
The HDX Insight appliance cannot be automatically discovered by eG Enterprise. This implies that you will have to manually add the server into the eG Enterprise system to manage it. Follow the steps below to achieve the same:
- Login to the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the Add Component page that appears next, select Citrix ADM - HDX Insight as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name of the HDX Insight in Figure 1. Since the HDX Insight is monitored in an agentless manner, select Other as the OS and Other as the Mode.
- Finally, click the Add button to add the HDX Insight for monitoring.
Configuring the tests
Clicking the Add button in Figure 1 will lead you back to the Add Component page, where you can see the Citrix ADM HDX Insight component you just added.
Figure 2 : Viewing the Citrix ADM HDX Insight component that has been added
- Click on the icon corresponding to that component to configure its tests.
In the page that appears next, select any of the tests displayed in the Unconfigured Tests list box, and click the Configure button beneath. For instance, say you select the HDX Applications Logins test for configuration. will then appear.
- To know how to configure this test, refer to HDX Application Logins Test underMonitoring Citrix ADM HDX Insight.
- Finally, click the Signout button at the right, top corner of the eG admin interface to sign out.