How to Monitor Cyberoam Firewall using eG Enterprise?
eG enterprise monitors the Cyberoam Firewall in an agentless manner. For this purpose, deploy a single eG agent on a remote Windows host. This agent executes various tests that connect to the SNMP MIB of the firewall to be monitored, and collects critical statistics of interest. To enable the eG agent to access the SNMP MIB, specify the following while configuring the tests:
- port number on which the target firewall exposes its MIB
- SNMP community to be used for accessing the MIB
To start monitoring the target firewall, first manage the Cyberoam Firewall component using the steps explained in the section below.
Managing the Cyberoam Firewall
Using eG Enterprise, you can auto-discover the Cyberoam Firewall as well as manually add the component for monitoring. To manage a Cyberoam Firewall component, do the following:
- Log into the eG admin interface.
- If the Cyberoam Firewall is already discovered, then directly proceed towards managing it using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page.
- However, if the target firewall is yet to be discovered, then run discovery (Infrastructure -> Components -> Discover) to get it discovered or follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu to manually add the component using the COMPONENTS page. Remember that components manually added are managed automatically.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select Cyberoam Firewall as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name for the Cyberoam Firewall component.
- Choose an external agent for the target firewall by picking an option from the External agents list box.
- Then, click the Add button to register the changes (see Figure 1).
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2.
- Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests. For instance, click on the Cyberoam CPU test to configure it. To know how to configure the tests, refer to Monitoring Cyberoam Firewall.
- Finally, signout of the eG admin interface.