How to Monitor Data Domain Storage System using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the Data Domain in an agentless manner. All that is required for this is a single eG agent on any remote Windows host in the environment. This agent is capable of polling the SNMP MIB Of the Data Domain at regular intervals and fetching statistics related its performance.
Managing the Data Domain Storage System
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Data Domain storage system so that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. The eG Enterprise is capable of automatically managing the components that are added manually. To add a Data Domain component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select Data Domain as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name of the Data Domain storage system in Figure 1. Also set the Agentless flag to Yes, select Other as the OS and SNMP as the Mode. Then click the Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 3 : Configuring the Data Domain Even Log test
- To know how to configure the tests, refer to Monitoring Data Domain.
- Once all the tests are configured, sign out of the eG administrative interface.