Configuring the Dell Compellent SMI-S Provider using a Local Service Account (v5.5.4 and above)
To configure the Dell Compellent SMI-S Provider using a Local Service Account, follow the Step 1 through Step 12 mentioned in Configuring the Dell Compellent SMI-S Provider using a Local User Account (v5.5.4 and above) and proceed with the following steps:
- Clicking the Change link in Figure 7 will enable you to edit the properties of the Data Collector Service. Now, set the Service User Type to Local Service Account.
- If the Service User Name and Service User Password text boxes are populated, you will be required to clear those text boxes. Then, clicking the Apply Changes link will help you update the changes as per your selection.
Finally, you will be required to enable the SMI-S server properties as shown in Figure 1 . Clicking the Change link in Figure 1 will enable you to make the following changes to the SMI-S Server Configuration:
- Select the check box that appears before the Enable SMI-S Server option.
- Uncheck the Use Https for SMI-S Server Connections option.
- Select the check box that appears before the Manually Manage Users option.
- Finally, clicking the Apply Changes link will apply the changes that you have made in the SMI-S Server Configuration section.
- Now, you will be required to add the SMI-S user through the Command Line Interface of the Dell Compellent Storage Center as discussed in Section 220.127.116.11.
Adding the SMI-S User from CLI
To add the SMI-S User from the Command Line Interface, do the following:
- Open a Command prompt in the Dell Compellent Storage Center.
- Change the directory of the Storage Center to <Dell_Compellent_install_Dir>\Compellent Enterprise Manager\msaservice\Pegasus\bin.
Then you will be required to execute the following command:
cimuser.exe –a <Username> -w <password>
Username is the name of the Enterprise Manager user
Password is the password that corresponds to the Enterprise Manager user
If you have chosen to check the Use Https for SMI-S Server Connections check box, then you have to run the following command too:
By running the command, you can add the Pegasus user to the list of trusted users.
- Restarting the Data Collector Manager Service will add the SMI-S user to the SMI-S Provider.
- Now, you can proceed to configure the tests that pertain to the Dell Compellent Storage Center.