eG Enterprise monitors the Dell EMC S Series Switch using a single eG external agent on any remote host in the environment. This agent is capable of monitoring the performance of the switch in the following ways:
- By polling the SNMP MIB of the switch;
- By connecting to the switch via SSH and running CLI commands;
To enable the eG agent to use the aforesaid methodologies, a set of pre-requisites should be fulfilled. These requirements have been discussed in the following section.
To enable the eG agent to collect performance metrics from a Dell EMC S Series Switch, the following pre-requisites should be fulfilled:
- The Dell EMC S-Series Switch should be SNMP-enabled.
- The eG agent should be able to access the target switch over the network.
- The eG agent should be able to communicate with the target switch via SSH. For this, specify the SSH port (default port: 22) in the test configuration page and ensure that the SSH port is opened on the firewall (if any) between the agent and the target switch.
- Configure the credentials of a user who can access the target switch via the SSH port. This can be achieved when configuring the tests using the eG admin interface.
Once the above-said pre-requisites are fulfilled, manage the Dell EMC S Series Switch component using eG administrative interface. The steps for achieving this are discussed in the Managing the Dell EMC S Series Switch