Once the pre-requisites listed in Pre-requisites for Using the eG Enterprise Logon Simulator for Exchange are fulfilled, follow the steps detailed below to get the simulator up and running.
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
Add a dedicated external agent for the purpose of the simulation. For that, follow the Agents -> External Agents menu sequence and click on the Add New Agent button. Then, specify the IP address/host name of the system that is hosting the dedicated external agent, and also provide a Nick name for the agent (see Figure 3).
A single eG external agent can be used to run different types of simulations (for e.g., Citrix logon simulation, VMware Horizon logon simulation, client session simulation etc).
- If you wish to specify the location of the external agent, then, you can do so using the Location text box.
- Also, make sure that the Client session simulation flag is set to Yes for the agent.
- Finally, click the Update button in Figure 3 to save the changes.
Once this external agent is started, it simulates the entire logon process by periodically running an Exchange Logon Simulator test. Since this test is mapped to an Exchange Logon Simulator component, you now need to manage a component of that type. For this, follow the Infrastructure -> Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence, and then pick Exchange Logon Simulator from the list of Component types. Then, click Add New Component. When Figure 4 appears, add an Exchange Logon Simulator using any IP address and nick name you want.
- When adding, make sure you assign the dedicated external agent, which you had previously installed and configured for the sole purpose of this simulation, to the simulator component.
- After clicking Update in Figure 4, proceed to sign out of the eG administrative interface. You will then be prompted to configure the Exchange Logon Simulator test for this component. Click on the test to configure it.
Figure 5 will then appear.
- To know how to configure the test, refer to the The Exchange Logon Simulator Test
- Once all parameters are configured, click the Update button to save the configuration.