Managing the Groupwise Internet Application (GWIA)
eG Enterprise can automatically discover the Groupwise Internet Application (GWIA) in the environment and also lets you to add the GWIA component if the server is not auto-discovered. The following steps explain you how to manually add the GWIA component using the eG administrative interface.
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- If a GWIA is already discovered, then directly proceed towards managing it using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page.
However, if it is yet to be discovered, then run discovery (Infrastructure -> Components -> Discover) to get it discovered or add the component manually using the COMPONENTSpage (Infrastructure -> Components -> Add/Modify). Remember that components manually added are managed automatically. Figure 1 clearly illustrates the process of adding a GWIA application.
- Specify the Host IP, the Nick name and Port Number for the GWIA in . Then, click the Add button to register the changes.
When try to sign out of the eG administrative interface. A list of unconfiugured tests page will appear listing the tests that require manual configuration as shown in Figure 2.
- Upon doing so, a list of unconfigured tests listing the GWIA-specific tests requiring manual configuration, will appear. Click on the test names to configure. To know how to configure the tests, refer to Monitoring the GroupWise Internet Agent (GWIA) chapter.
- Then, try to sign out one more time. This time again, the list of unconfigured tests will appear. Click on the Network Interfaces test to configure it. To know the details on configuring this test, refer to
Network Interfaces Test page.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.