How to Monitor HP Procurve Switch Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the HP Procurve Switch using an eG external agent that is deployed on a remote Windows host. This eG agent polls the SNMP MIB of the HP Procurve Switch to gather its performance statistics at configured intervals. Before attempting to monitor the switch, ensure that the switch is SNMP-enabled. To start monitoring the HP Procurve Switch, manage the HP Procurve Switch component using the eG admin interface. The procedure for achieving this is discussed in the following section.
Managing the HP Procurve Switch
Using eG Enterprise, you can auto-discover the HP Procurve Switch as well as manually add the component for monitoring. To manage a HP Procurve Switch component, do the following:
- Log into the eG admin interface.
- If the HP Procurve Switch is already discovered, then directly proceed towards managing it using the Components – Manage/Unmanage/Delete page. To access this page, follow the Components -> Manage/Unmanage/Delete menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
- However, if the target switch is yet to be discovered, then run discovery (Infrastructure -> Components -> Discovery) to get it discovered or follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu to manually add the component using the Components page. Remember that components manually added are managed automatically.
In the Components page that appears next, select HP Procurve Switch as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name for the HP Procurve Switch component.
- Choose an external agent for the target switch by picking an option from the External agents list box.
- Then, click the Add button to register the changes (see Figure 1).
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2.
- Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests. To know how to configure the tests, refer to Monitoring the HP Procurve Switch.
- Finally, signout of the eG admin interface.