How to Monitor Infoblox Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the Infoblox appliance in an agentless manner. All that is required for this is a single eG agent on any remote Windows host in the environment. This agent is capable of polling the SNMP MIB of the appliance at regular intervals and collecting metrics pertaining to its performance. Before attempting to monitor the Infoblox appliance, make sure that the appliance is SNMP enabled. There are two broad steps for monitoring the Infoblox appliance;
- Managing the Infoblox appliance
- Configuring the tests
These steps are explained in the following sections.
Managing the Infoblox
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Infoblox appliance. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To add an Infoblox, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select Infoblox as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP and the Nick name of the Infoblox server in Figure 1. Then click the Add button to register the changes.
Configuring the tests
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2.
Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests. For instance, click on the DHCP Messages test to configure it. In the page that appears, specify the parameters as shown in Figure 3.
- To know how to configure the tests, refer to Monitoring Infoblox chapter.
- Once the DHCP Messages test is configured, try to signout of the eG administrative interface. You will be prompted to configure the Device Uptime test and the Network Interfaces test. To know more about how to configure the Device Uptime and Network Interfaces tests, refer to Cisco Router
- Finally, signout of the administrative interface.