eG Enterprise provides a specialized Infoblox appliance monitoring model (see Figure 1) to monitor the services of the Infoblox appliance, the messages transmitted/received through various protocols, the DNS zones in the appliance etc .
Every layer of Figure 1 is mapped to a variety of tests which connect to the SNMP MIB of the Infoblox appliance to collect critical statistics pertaining to its performance. The metrics reported by these tests enable administrators to answer the following questions:
- Is the CPU, memory and temperature of the Infoblox appliance within optimal limits?
- What is the current stauts of each service running on the Infoblox appliance? What is the current status of the Physical node service?
- Is the Infoblox appliance to be monitored configured in a high availability pair?
- How many messages such as DHCPRequest, DHCPReceive, DHCPRelease etc were transmitted/received through DHCP protocol?
- How many messages such as Solicit, Request, Release, Advertise etc were transmitted/received through DHCP6 protocol?
- How well each DNS zone of the Infoblox appliance handles queries?
- How well the Infoblox appliance handles queries and how well responses are sent from the DNS cache?
- How many replies were sent from an authoritative server and how many from a non authrotative server?