Managing the Informix Dynamic Server
eG Enterprise can automatically discover the Informix Dynamic Server in the environment and also lets you to add the FTP Server component if the server is not auto-discovered. The following steps explain you how to manage the server that is auto-discovered using the eG administrative interface.
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- If the Informix Dynamic Server is already discovered, then directly proceed towards managing it using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page.
- However, if it is yet to be discovered, then run discovery (Infrastructure -> Components -> Discover) to get it discovered or add the component manually using the COMPONENTSpage (Infrastructure -> Components -> Add/Modify). Remember that components manually added are managed automatically. Discovered components, however, are managed using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE / UNMANAGE page.
- To manage the Informix Dynamic Server component that is auto-discovered, follow the Infrastructure -> Components -> Manage/Unmanage in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
- In the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page that appears next, select Informix as the Component type. The auto-discovered components will be displayed under the Unmanaged Components section.
When you attempt to sign out of eG administrative interface, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 3. This list reveals the unconfigured tests requiring manual configuration.
Clicking on the Informix Access test will open a page (see Figure 4) wherein the test parameters can be configured.
- To know how to configure the test, refer to the Monitoring Informix Dynamic Servers chapter.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.