Managing the JRun Application Server
The eG Enterprise can automatically discover the JRun application server. However, the discovered JRun component is managed manually. To achieve this, do the following:
- Login to the eG administrative interface.
- To manage the JRun server that is already discovered, directly proceed towards managing it using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page (Infrastructure -> Components -> Manage/Unmanage).
- However, if it is yet to be discovered, then run discovery (Infrastructure -> Components -> Discover) to get it discovered or add the component manually using the COMPONENTSpage (Infrastructure -> Components -> Add/Modify). Remember that components manually added are managed automatically.
After managing the JRun application erver, on trying to sign out, you will be prompted to configure tests pertaining to the JRunServer (see Figure 3).
Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests. For instance, click on the JRun Threads test to configure it. In the page that appears, specify the parameters as shown in Figure 4.
- To know how to configure this test, refer to Monitoring JRun Application Servers chapter.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.
- The server is now all set to be monitored by the eG Enterprise Suite.