How to Monitor Juniper MX Router Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the Juniper MX Router using an eG external agent on a remote host. This eG agent polls the SNMP MIB of the MX Router to gather the statistics related to the MX Router at configured intervals. Before attempting to monitor the MX Router, ensure that the router is SNMP-enabled. To start monitoring the target router, first manage the Juniper MX Router component using the eG admin interface. The procedure for achieving this is discussed in the following section.
Managing the Juniper MX Router
eG Enterprise can automatically discover the Juniper MX Router, and also lets to manually add the component for monitoring using eG admin interface. To manage a Juniper MX Router component, do the following:
- Log into the eG admin interface.
- If the Juniper MX Router is already discovered, then directly proceed towards managing the broker using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page.
However, if you are yet to discover the Juniper MX Router, then run discovery (Infrastructure -> Components -> Discover) or follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu to manually add the component using the Components page.
Click on the Add new Component button after choosing the Juniper MX Router from the Component Type drop down list in the Components page. This will lead you to the Add Component page (Figure 1). Remember that components manually added are managed automatically.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name of the Juniper MX Router in Figure 1.
- Then, pick an external agent from the External agents list box and click the Add button to add the component for monitoring.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2.
- Click on the tests to configure them. To know how to configure these tests, refer to the Monitoring Juniper MX Router chapter.
- To configure the details on configuring the Network Interfaces test, Network Interfaces Test.
- Once the Network Interfaces test is configured, signout of the eG administrative interface.