Managing the MaxDB Server
The MaxDB server cannot be automatically discovered by eG Enterprise. This implies that you will have to manually add the server into the eG Enterprise system to manage it. Follow the steps below to achieve the same:
- Login to the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select Max DB as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP and the Nick name of the Max DB server in Figure 1.
- The Port number will be set as 7210 by default. If the MaxDB server is listening on a different port in your environment, then override this default setting.
- Finally, click the Add button to register the changes.
- Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests to configure. To know how to configure the tests, refer to Monitoring MaxDB chapter.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.