Managing the Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Server
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Server. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage a Exchange Mailbox Server component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
- Specify the Host IP and the Nick name of the Exchange Mailbox Server in Figure 1.
- The Port number will be set as 6001 by default. If the server is listening on a different port in your environment, then override this default setting.
- Then, click the Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out of eG administrative interface, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2. This list reveals the unconfigured tests requiring manual configuration.
- To configure the tests, click on the test names in the list of unconfigured tests. For the details on configuring the tests, refer to Monitoring the Mailbox Servers chapter.
- Once all the tests are configured, signout of the eG administrative interface.