How to Add a One Click Dashboard
The My Dashboards capability of eG Enterprise allows users to build completely customized dashboards from scratch. However, many administrators prefer pre-defined dashboards that offers the flexibility and visual appeal of My Dashboards, but that did not require as much customization! For such administrators, eG Enterprise provides the One Click Dashboard capability. As part of this capability, eG Enterprise provides pre-built dashboard templates for certain mission-critical component-types. These templates are pre-configured with key metrics on the performance of that component-type; when added as a One Click Dashboard, this template readily displays pre-defined metrics, thus saving administrators the time and trouble involved in building a My Dashboard from scratch. Administrators can clone a template and customize it to display the metrics they need, the way they need it.
Follow the steps mentioned below to create a One Click Dashboard:
- In Figure 19 that appears, specify the name of the dashboard that you wish to create in the Dashboard Name text box. Then, specify a brief Description of the dashboard that you wish to create.
- By default, the Choose Template section lists all the templates available for use. If you wish to filter the default templates in that environment, select the check box against the Default option. In some environments, administrators may want to create their own templates according to their requirement. For this, eG Enterprise offers the flexibility to create templates too and reuse them as and when required. If such templates have been created, then selecting the My Templates check box will filter all the templates created by the administrators in that environment. To know more on how to create a template refer to . To choose the appropriate template, just click on the template of your choice. The chosen template grid will then be highlighted.
- To categorize the dashboard, or to view only the components available in the Zone/Segment/Services, select the option under the View by drop down. For example, selecting the Service option will list only the components that are part of a service. To view all the components in the environment, click on the Components option. By default, the Components option will be chosen in the View by list.
- Once you have chosen the template, the components that are associated with the template is displayed automatically in the Components list. Pick the components of your choice from this list. If the Component list consists of too many components, then viewing all the components and selecting the ones for creating the dashboard could require endless scrolling. To avoid this, you can click the icon next to the Component list. The COMPONENT (S) pop up window will then appear using which you can view almost all the components in a single interface and select the ones that are required for creating the dashboard.
Click the CREATE button to create a new dashboard. There are a few parameters that are pre-set while the one click dashboard is being created. If you wish to alter those pre-set parameters while creating a dashboard, click the icon. Figure 20 will then appear.
The preset parameters are defined below:
Sharing: Indicates whether or not you want to share the new dashboard with other users, and if so, what should be the level of sharing. For this, pick any of the following options from the Sharing drop-down list. By default, the Private option is chosen from this list.
- Private: Indicates that the user building the dashboard is alone authorized to view/modify/delete the dashboard. This is the default option.
- Public: Allows all users to the eG Enterprise system to view (not modify/delete) the dashboard that is being created.
- Share to: You can select this option to share the dashboard with specific users to the eG Enterprise system. From the Share to - Available Users list that then appears (see Figure 20), select the users with whom you want to share the dashboard by clicking the check box in front of each user. You can also provide read/write access to the users with whom you have shared the dashboard by clicking on the icon against the user. When you click the icon against the user, the icon lights up and turns into green.
- Refresh frequency (secs): By default, this slide bar is set to 60 seconds indicating that the dashboard needs to be refreshed after this time interval. You can use this slide bar to set a refresh frequency of your choice.
Finally, click the CREATE button to create the new dashboard. Figure 21 then appears displaying the dashboard based on the pre-built template.