Adding a NetBackup Component
eG Enterprise cannot auto-discover a NetBackup appliance. This is why, you need to manually add a NetBackup component to the eG Enterprise to monitor it. The steps for manually adding the NetBackup component are detailed below:
- Login to the eG admin interface.
Click on the Add Component button in the right corner of the Components at a Glance page that appeared (see Figure 1) or follow the Infrastructure -> Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence.
- The Components page will then appear. In the Components page, select NetBackup as the Component type and click the Add New Component button.
Figure 2 will then appear.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name for the NetBackup component in Figure 2.
- The Port number will be set as 1556 by default. If the host on which the target NetBackup appliance is installed is listening on a different port in your environment, then override this default setting.
- The Agentless flag is disabled by default, as 'agent-based' is the default monitoring approach for the NetBackup.
- Next, select the External agent that will monitor the target NetBackup component.
- Finally, click the Add button to register the changes.
Once the NetBackup component is added successfully, you will be again redirected to the Components page (see Figure 3). Using the options provided in the Components page, you can modify, unmanage or delete the newly added component. In addition, you can also configure the tests, set thresholds and maintenance policies, and change the IP address.
To collect the performance metrics, you may need to manually configure the tests that are mapped to the NetBackup component. To configure the tests that need manual configuration, click on the icon in Figure 3. This will lead you to the Specific Test Configuration page where the unconfigured tests for the NetBackup component will be listed in the Unconfigured Tests list box.
Figure 4 : Unconfigured tests for the NetBackup component
- Now, click on any test to configure it. To know how to configure the tests, refer to the Monitoring NetBackup. To view the performance metrics, switch to the Monitor tab.