How to Monitor NexentaStor Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the NexentaStor using a single eG external agent on any remote host in the environment. This agent is capable of monitoring the performance of the appliance in the following ways:
- By polling the SNMP MIB of the appliance;
- By connecting to the appliance via SSH and running CLI commands;
To enable the eG agent to use the aforesaid methodologies, a set of pre-requisites should be fulfilled. These requirements have been discussed in the following section.
To enable the eG agent to collect performance metrics from a NexentaStor appliance, the following pre-requisites should be fulfilled:
- The NexentaStor appliance should be SNMP-enabled.
- The eG remote agent should be able to access the target appliance over the network.
- The eG remote agent should be able to communicate with the target appliance via SSH. For this, ensure that the SSH port (default port: 22) is opened on the firewall (if any) between the agent and the target.
- Configure the eG agent with the credentials of a user with admin privileges to the target NexentaStor appliance. This can be achieved when managing the target appliance using the eG admin interface. The procedure has been discussed in Managing the NexentaStor.