Managing the Oracle VirtualBox
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Oracle VirtualBox so that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage a Oracle VirtualBox component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select Oracle VirtualBox as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name of the Oracle VirtualBox in . Then, click the Add button to register the changes.
Next, when you try to signout of the eG administrative interface, a list of Unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2.
- Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests. To know how to configure the tests, refer to Monitoring the Oracle VirtualBox chapter.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.