Managing the Oracle WebLogic Server Version 6/7/8
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Oracle WebLogic Server Version 6/7/8. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage a Oracle WebLogic 6/7/8 component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select Oracle WebLogic (6/7/8) as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke .
- Specify the Host IP/Name and Nick name for the Oracle WebLogic (6/7/8) server (see ). Then, click on the Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests appears.
Figure 2 : List of unconfigured tests for WebLogic (6/7/8) server
Click any test in the list of unconfigured tests. For instance, click on the WebLogic EJB Transactions test to configure it. In the page that appears, specify the parameters as shown in Figure 3.
- To know how to configure the parameters, refer to Monitoring the WebLogic Server Ver. 6/7/8 chapter.
- Next, try to sign out of the administrative interface. It will prompt you to configure the Processes test.
See Processes Test page for information on configuring this test.
- Finally, sign out of the eG administrative interface.