How to Monitor the Orion Server Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the Orion server in an agent-based manner.
Managing the Orion Server
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Orion server so that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. To manage a Orion component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select Orion as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name of the Orion server in Figure 1. Then, click on the Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests appears (see Figure 2).
- Configure the tests by clicking on the test names in the list of unconfigured tests. To know details on configuring the Java Server Details test, refer to Java Server Details Test
- For information on the Processes test,
see Processes Test.
- Then, signout of the eG administrative interface.