Managing the SAP HANA Database Server
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the SAP HANA Database Server so that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. To manage a SAP HANA component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select SAP HANA as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 2.
- Specify the Host IP and Nick name of the SAP HANA database server. If you wan to monitor the SAP HANA database in Agentless manner, check the Agentless flag. Then, select the OS as Linux and Mode as SSH. Also specify the credentials of the user who is authorized to access the OS in the User text box.
Then, try to sign out of the eG administrative interface. Upon doing so, Figure 3 will appear listing the unconfigured tests for the SAP HANA Database server.
Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests. For instance, click on the HANA Connections test to configure it. To know how to configure the parameters of the test and the metrics that the test reports, refer to HANA Connections Test.
- Then, try to signout of the administrative interface. Now, you will be prompted to configure the HANA Transactions test. Refer to HANA Transactions Test
pageto know more details about this test.
- Next, you will be prompted to configure the Processes test. To know the details on configuring the Processes test, refer to
Processes Test page.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.