Managing the SAP Web Dispatcher
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the SAP Web Dispatcher so that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. To manage a SAP Web Dispatcher component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select SAP Web Dispatcher as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP and the Nick name of the SAP Web Dispatcher in Figure 1. The SAP Web Dispatcher is monitored in Agent-based manner. Then, click the Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2.
- Click on the test names to configure. To know about the parameters to be configured and the metrics that the tests report, refer to Monitoring the SAP Web Dispatcher chapter.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.