How to Monitor the SilverStream Application Server using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the SilverStream Application server in an agent-based manner. An eG agent installed on the target server periodically monitors and collects the critical metrics related to the performance of the server. Using the metrics that the eG agents collect, administrators can track the availability, performance, and usage of SilverStream application servers.
Managing the SilverStream Application Server
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the SilverStream Application server so that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. To manage a SilverStream Application Server component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select SilverStream as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name of the SilverStream Application in Figure 1. Then, click on the Add button.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests appears (see Figure 2).
- Configure the tests by clicking on the test names in the list of unconfigured tests. To know details on configuring the SilverStream test, refer to SilverStream Test.
- For information on the Processes test,
see Processes Test.
- Then, signout of the eG administrative interface.