Managing the Sun Java System Application Server
eG Enterprise can automatically discover the Sun Java System Application Server in the environment and also lets you to manually add the Sun
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- If a Sun Java System Application Server is already discovered, then directly proceed towards managing it using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page.
- However, if it is yet to be discovered, then run discovery (Infrastructure -> Components -> Discover) to get it discovered or add the component manually using the COMPONENTSpage (Infrastructure -> Components -> Add/Modify). Remember that components manually added are managed automatically. Discovered components, however, are managed using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE / UNMANAGE page.
- To manage the component that is auto-discovered, follow the Infrastructure -> Components -> Manage/Unmanage in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
- In the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page that appears next, select SunONE Application as the Component type. Then, the auto-discovered components will be displayed under the Unmanaged Components section.
Then, choose the component to be managed from the list. and clearly illustrate the process of managing the application server.
Figure 1 : Selecting the Sun Java System Application server component to be managed
Figure 2 : Managing the selected Sun Java System Application server component
Next, try to sign out of the eG administrative interface. Upon doing so, a list of unconfigured tests will appear prompting you to configure the tests pertaining to the Sun Java System application server (see Figure 3) .
Figure 3 : List of unconfigured tests for the Sun Java System Application server
Click on the SunONE EJB Cache test in the table to configure it. Upon clicking, Figure 4 will appear. This test extracts the caching related metrics pertaining to such EJBs.
Figure 4 : Configuring the SunONE EJB Cache test
To know how to configure the test, refer to the Monitoring Sun Java System Application Servers chapter.
- Finally, sign out of the administrative interface.