Managing the Sun Java System Application Server
eG Enterprise can automatically discover the Sun Java System Application Server in the environment and also lets you to manually add the Sun
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- If a Sun Java System Application Server is already discovered, then directly proceed towards managing it using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page.
- However, if it is yet to be discovered, then run discovery (Infrastructure -> Components -> Discover) to get it discovered or add the component manually using the COMPONENTSpage (Infrastructure -> Components -> Add/Modify). Remember that components manually added are managed automatically. Discovered components, however, are managed using the COMPONENTS – MANAGE / UNMANAGE page.
- To manage the component that is auto-discovered, follow the Infrastructure -> Components -> Manage/Unmanage in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
- In the COMPONENTS – MANAGE/UNMANAGE page that appears next, select SunONE Application as the Component type. Then, the auto-discovered components will be displayed under the Unmanaged Components section.
Next, try to sign out of the eG administrative interface. Upon doing so, a list of unconfigured tests will appear prompting you to configure the tests pertaining to the Sun Java System application server (see Figure 3) .
Click on the SunONE EJB Cache test in the table to configure it. Upon clicking, Figure 4 will appear. This test extracts the caching related metrics pertaining to such EJBs.
To know how to configure the test, refer to the Monitoring Sun Java System Application Servers chapter.
- Finally, sign out of the administrative interface.