How to Monitor SunRay Server Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise can monitor a SunRay Server in an agent-based manner. For this purpose, deploy an eG agent on the SunRay server that is to be monitored.
Managing the SunRay Server
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the SunRay Server. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage a SunRay component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select SunRay as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name of the SunRay server in Figure 1. Then, click the Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests appears (see Figure 2).
- Click on the SunRay Clients test to configure it. To know how to configure this test, refer to Monitoring SunRay Servers.
- Finally, sign out of the eG administrative interface.