Monitoring SunRay Servers
eG Enterprise provides a specialized monitoring model for the SunRay server, which monitors the client-server connections, the status of device services, and the user sessions on the SunRay server to detect anomalies, and promptly alert administrators to it.
Figure 1 : The layer model of a SunRay server
Using the tests mapped to each of the layers in the layer model, administrators can figure out the following:
- Is any SunRay client unable to connect to the server? If so, which one?
- Is the network traffic to the server from any client very heavy?
- Is any device service on the server disabled currently? If so, which service?
- Are there too many active sessions on the server?
- Are there any unknown sessions on the server?
- Have any sessions on the server been idle for too long a time?