Instrumenting a DotNet-based Web Site / Web Application
As already mentioned, you can use the Eg_RUM.dll file that eG Enterprise provides to instrument a DotNet-based web site/web applicationuses server side templates to auto-generate the common section. To perform this instrumentation, do the following:
- First, download the Eg_RUM.dll to the system hosting the web application. For this, click the Download button alongside Eg_RUM.dll in Figure 3.
- Once the download is complete, make sure that the Eg_RUM.dll is included in the target web application, and add an assembly reference.
Next, in an editor, open the Views\Shared_Layout.cshtml file for ASP .NET MVC or the Default.master file for ASP .NET WebForms.
To the Views\Shared_Layout.cshtml file, copy the following line of code:
@Html.Raw(Eg.RUM.Header()) <!--HtmlHelper.Raw prevents RUM markup from being html-encoded.-->;
To the Default.master file, copy the following line of code:
<%= Eg.RUM.Header() %>
- Save the respective files.
- Restart the target web application.
- Test your web application locally and view the page source in your browser. The page markup should include < !-- RUM Header -->.