How to Monitor XUPS Using eG Enterprise ?
eG Enterprise monitors the XUPS in an agentless manner. All that is required for this is a single eG agent on any remote Windows host in the environment. This agent periodically polls the SNMP MIB of the XUps server and gathers statistics related to its performance. To enable the eG agent to collect metrics, you should enable SNMP on the XUPS server.
Managing the XUps Server
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the XUps Server. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage a XUps component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select XUps Server as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name of the XUps Server in Figure 1. Then, click the Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests appears .
Figure 2 : List of Unconfigured tests to be configured for the XUps Server
Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests. For instance, click on the XUPS Battery Status test to configure it. In the page that appears, specify the parameters as shown in Figure 3.
- To know how to configure parameters, refer to Monitoring the XUps.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.