How to Monitor eG Agent Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the eG agent in an agent-based manner.
Managing the eG Agent
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the eG Agent. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage a eG agent component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select eG Agent as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify Host IP/name and Nick name for the eG Agent component as shown in Figure 1. Then, click the Add button to save the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2.
- For more information on configuring the tests refer to Monitoring the eG Agent chapter.
- Once all the tests are configured, sign out of the eG administrative interface.