Measure User Experience for Any Application, Proactively
Web applications have become very sophisticated, delivering highly interactive and graphic-rich content. At the same time, their underlying infrastructure has grown in complexity with multiple layers of hardware and software having to work in concert to deliver the application to the user. At the same time, the importance of these applications to the business has grown. Every minute that the application is slow or is unavailable costs the business hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue.
IT administrators need to be able to monitor their key applications 24x7. A popular way to monitor the user experience when a user accesses a web application is using synthetic monitoring. Using the results of the simulation, administrators can detect times when the application is not performing well and even get indicators about where the problem might be.
Web App Simulator from eG Enterprise
eG Enterprise includes a purpose-built tool for synthetic monitoring of any type of web application, called the Web App Simulator.
- Multi-step transactions from multiple locations are supported, so user experience can be measured by location.
- A Selenium driver-based recording engine is used to record all user interactions - mouse clicks, keystrokes, user pauses, etc.
- A playback engine uses the recorded script for playback, and based on the responses seen, reports the response time and availability of the application. Screenshots are captured on failure.
Get Answers to Key Performance Questions
Web application simulation helps answer critical performance questions, such as:
- Are the critical business applications available to handle user requests?
- What is the total response time for a typical user access to a business-critical service?
- Which of the transactions of a service is slow or failing?
- Are there specific times of day when the slowdown occurs?
- How does the performance vary depending on the geographic location from which the user is connecting?
Use Cases for Web App Simulation
- Complement stress testing in staging environments with real-time synthetic monitoring in production environments
- A reliable way of automating routine service health checks; scripting is straightforward, so be up and running in minutes
- Benchmark performance from different locations and be alerted proactively when user experience is affected in any location
- Identify the exact page or transaction that is causing slowness, enabling faster diagnosis
- Compare performance before and after a migration, and use the results to optimize the migration process
- Proactively catch user experience problems before end-users are affected in real time
- Monitor key web applications round the clock, even when there are no real users
- Ensure successful web application rollout and peak user experience in production
- Pinpoint the geographies and locations where user experience is taking a hit
- Easily track service quality trends, and simplify SLA tracking with automatic baselines
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
- eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic IT infrastructure performance monitor
- Gain actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate, from application code to bare metal
- Understand the impact of infrastructure issues on application performance and user experience
- Unify IT performance monitoring, alerting, diagnosing, reporting, and capacity planning in a single console
- Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency
- Benefit from flexible deployment options (on-premises and SaaS) and IT monitoring approaches (agentless and agent-based)
“eG Innovations delivers a robust, reliable and extremely valuable solution to deliver maximum uptime and user satisfaction. Pre-emptive alerting helps us to address performance issues immediately before they affect system and application availability.
Senior Manager, Allscripts