eG Integration Console
IT infrastructures that support critical business services typically comprise of many off-the-shelf software applications, and also include a few customized/home-grown applications and network elements. To ensure end-to-end availability and peak performance of the mission-critical business services, it is essential that the custom applications/network elements be monitored and managed in the same way as the other software applications and network devices.
The eG Enterprise suite includes extensive monitoring capabilities for standard applications and network devices. The Integration Console plug-in enables administrators to extend eG Enterprise's monitoring capabilities for new and customized network and application elements. Through a web-based interface, administrators can use the Integration Console to add new applications and network device types, build customized models for monitoring and diagnosing these components, add new monitoring capabilities for these components, etc. Complete flexibility is provided so users can implement new monitoring capabilities in a quick and easy manner, using different interfaces for the monitoring, e.g., log file analysis and monitoring, custom application APIs, SNMP, etc.
Administrators can use a Java programming interface to craft their own monitors. Alternatively, a programming-free interface is available for administrators to quickly develop new monitors without involving elaborate programming. Using just the user interface, administrators can quickly add SNMP MIB variables and performance monitor counters for data collection and analysis. Existing monitoring scripts can also be easily integrated for collecting new metrics.
The eG Integration Console architecture - Extensible application management
Capabilities of the eG Integration Console
- Customized monitoring capabilities Provide network monitoring for new devices and application monitoring for custom applications; Modify eG Enterprise's built-in models to suit the specific requirements of the IT infrastructure.
- Integrated, end-to-end monitoring Monitor the entire target infrastructure; A single integrated interface from where out-of-the-box and custom applications can be monitored.
- Seamless integration Custom applications or network elements are integrated into the eG system in the same manner as out-of-the-box applications/network elements. Custom measurements can be made, thresholds computed, and the status of the custom applications can be displayed using eG Enterprise's web-based monitoring interface.
- Complete flexibility in the integration Integrate a custom application/network element into the eG system by choosing any approach that is suitable for the target application/network element. Simple, easy to use templates allow users to develop new monitoring capabilities by reading statistics in log files, using SNMP, by invoking custom application APIs, using custom scripts (shell, perl, VB, bat, etc.), by accessing custom databases, etc.
- Auto-upgrade of the agents No need to bother about manually updating all of the agents. Register the new application/network element to be monitored with the eG manager and have the agents automatically discover and implement the new monitoring capabilities, without needing any manual intervention!
Benefits of the eG Integration Console
- Extended monitoring capabilities, encompassing a wider range of customized and home–grown applications
- Enables administrators to automatically discover and add new monitoring capabilities to monitor both new and customized applications effortlessly and effectively
- A complete web-based, intuitive interface allows users to quickly build new models for new, custom, and proprietory applications
- Allows application developers to differentiate their products through enhanced monitoring capabilities