How to Monitor Alcatel Lucent Switch using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the Alcatel Lucent switch using an eG external agent that is deployed on a remote host. This eG agent polls the SNMP MIB of the switch to gather the statistics related to the Alcatel Lucent switch at configured intervals. Before attempting to monitor the Alcatel Lucent switch, ensure that the switch is SNMP-enabled.
Adding the Alcatel Lucent Switch
eG Enterprise cannot auto-discover an Alcatel Lucent switch component. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. To manage an Alcatel Lucent switch component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the Add Component page that appears next, select Alcatel Lucent switch as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1
- Specify the Host IP/Name and Nick name of the Alcatel Lucent switch component to be monitored as shown in Figure 1.
- Select an external agent using which you monitor the target component from the External agents list box.
- Then, click Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests appears (see Figure 2).
Click on any test in the list of unconfigured tests. For instance, click on the Alcatel Temperature test to configure it. In the page that appears, specify the parameters as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 3 : Configuring the Alcatel Lucent Switch
To know about how to configure the test,
Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.