To configure the applications / desktops that the simulator has to launch, click on the icon against Published Resources.
Figure 215 will then appear.
Using Figure 215, you can easily configure multiple resources that you want the simulator to launch and also the valid user credentials for accessing each resource. For this, follow the steps below:
Enter the name of the Published resource to be launched. The resource can be an application / desktop. When providing application/desktop names, make sure you provide the same name using which the applications/desktops are displayed in the StoreFront or NetScaler web console.
Before configuring the names of resources published on Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop 7.x, ensure the following:
- The desktop or application configured here should be included as "Favorites" in the StoreFront or NetScaler web console.
- You can auto subscribe users to applications by setting "KEYWORDS:Auto" in the published application's description in the Citrix XenDesktop Broker.
Additionally, for launching published desktops, set the autoLaunchDesktop and pluginAssistant flags to false in the web.config file under C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\<storename>Web folder on the StoreFront server. You can auto subscribe users to applications by setting "KEYWORDS:Auto" in the published application's description in the Citrix XenDesktop Broker.
Before configuring the names of resources published on Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop 6.x, make sure that these applications/desktops are available in the Main page of the Citrix Web Interface Management console. To know how to achieve this, refer to the Pre-requisites for Using the Citrix Logon Simulator.
- Then, using the Domain, User, Password, and Confirm Password parameters, configure the credentials of the user who is authorized to launch the configured resource.
- If you do not want to configure any more resources for launching, then click the Update button in Figure 215 to save the changes. To add another resource for launching, click the Add More button. This will add an empty record to Figure 215. Here, specify the name of another Published resource, and then use the Domain, User, Password, and Confirm Password parameters to provide valid credentials for launching that resource. If the same user is authorized to launch a few/all resources, then you will have to repeat the login details of that user for each resource.
- Similarly, multiple published resources can be added, and each resource can be launched using different / same credentials.
- At any given point in time, you can exclude/delete a resource from the simulation by clicking the button corresponding to that resource in Figure 215.
- You can also clear all the configured resources and their launch details at one shot, by clicking the Clear button in Figure 215.