How to Monitor Maipu Router Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise adopts agentless approach to monitor the Maipu Router. A single eG external agent is all that is required to monitor a switch. This agent, when deployed on a remote host, executes tests that connect to the SNMP MIB of the switch to be monitored, and collects statistics of interest from it. The key pre-requisite for monitoring the Maipu Router is that the router should be SNMP enabled. Once this requirement is kept in place, you can start monitoring the router. There are two broad steps for monitoring the router:
- Managing the Maipu Router
- Configuring the tests
Managing the Maipu Router
The eG Enterprise can automatically discover the Maipu Router. Toconfigure a router for monitoring by eG Enterprise, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
If the router is already discovered, then directly proceed towards managing it using the COMPONENTS - MANAGE/UNMANAGEpage (Infrastructure -> Components -> Manage/Unmanage). However, if it is yet to be discovered, then run discovery (Infrastructure -> Components -> Discovery) to get it discovered or add the router manually using the COMPONENTSpage (Infrastructure -> Components -> Add/Modify). Remember that components manually added are managed automatically. Discovered components, however, are managed using the COMPONENTS - MANAGE/UNMANAGE page.
If you add the component manually, then, in the COMPONENTS page that appears, select Maipu Router as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Specify the Host IP and the Nick name of the Maipu Router in Figure 1. Then click the Add button to register the changes.
Configuring the tests
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests will appear as shown in Figure 2.
- Click on the tests to configure them. To know how to configure these tests, refer to the Monitoring the Maipu Router chapter.
- To know how to configure the Network Interfaces test, Network Interfaces Test.
- Once the Network Interfaces test is configured, signout of the eG administrative interface.