How to Monitor Netware Servers Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise, by default, monitors the Netware servers in an ‘agentless’ manner – i.e., using a remote agent, which is typically deployed on an external host and not on the monitored host. For further details on eG Enterprise’s Agentless Monitoring capability, please refer to the eG User Manual. For further details on eG Enterprise’s Agentless Monitoring capability, please refer to Agentless Monitoring.htm.
The broad steps for monitoring the server using eG Enterprise are as follows:
- Managing the Netware Server
- Configuring the tests
These steps have been discussed in following sections.
Managing the Netware Server
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Netware server. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the eG Enterprise automatically manages the components that are added manually. To manage a Netware Server component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
In the COMPONENT page that appears next, select Netware as the Component type. Then, click the Add New Component button. This will invoke Figure 1.
- Netware servers are by default monitored in an agentless manner. Accordingly, the Agentless flag in Figure 1 is set to Yes by default. To perform agentless monitoring of the Netware server, select Other as the os and SNMP as the Mode in Figure 1. Then, select a Remote agent and click the Add button to add the server.
Configuring the tests
When you attempt to signout of the eG administrative interface, a list of unconfigured tests listing the Netware tests requiring manual configuration, will appear (see Figure 2).
- Click on the test names to configure. To know how to configure the Netware server specific tests, refer to Monitoring Netware Servers chapter.
- Once again, try to signout of the administrative interface. This time you will be prompted to configure the Network Interfaces test. To knows the details on configuring this test, refer to Network Interfaces Test.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.