eG Innovations the award-winning provider of automated performance management solutions for today's virtualized IT services, today announced the next release of eG Enterprise for performance monitoring, diagnosis and reporting of business-critical IT infrastructures. eG Enterprise v6 introduces new capabilities that make it faster and easier for customers to diagnose problems and manage their IT environment. eG Innovations will be demonstrating eG Enterprise v6 for the first time at VMworld in San Francisco in Booth # 2047.
"Monitoring IT performance across increasingly complex layers of infrastructure, then gaining visibility of the end-user experience of that performance remains a vexing challenge for enterprise IT," said Dennis Callaghan, Senior Analyst at 451 Research. "The new features in eG Enterprise V6 are designed to meet this challenge head on."
A sleek new user interface, new customizable dashboards, advanced reports, a mobile application, and broader and deeper monitoring of applications, virtualization platforms and storage are some of the key enhancements in this release.
"Enterprise customers are looking for intuitive, total performance visibility across every layer and every tier," said Bala Vaidhinathan, CTO, eG Innovations. "To achieve this, they often have to use multiple diverse tools to monitor, diagnose and report on the entire infrastructure. eG Enterprise v6 provides different stakeholders customized dashboards and drilldowns that offer deeper and broader visibility end-to-end, across every layer and every tier of the service infrastructure. This allows enterprises to minimize the number of tools they have to use to determine the root-cause of problems. eG Enterprise v6 enables organizations to reduce operations costs, improve IT productivity and enhance end-user productivity and satisfaction."
New in eG Enterprise v6:
- One-view dashboards: With the one-view dashboards, administrators do not have to traverse across multiple screens or tools. They can now get a simplified, aggregated overview of IT services through a single dashboard. The one view dashboards are fully customizable and provide custom views for the different stakeholders in an organization. Executives can view service demand and popularity, while IT managers can get a quick overview of the key service performance metrics. Service demand, resource consumption and service quality are all presented in the same dashboard so IT managers can make intelligent decisions and pre-empt issues that can impact the user experience.
- Next-gen user interface: eG Enterprise v6 delivers a modern Web 2.0 interface providing enhanced ease-of-use, accessibility and personalization of the management console. This seamless interface allows administrators to manage their entire IT environment, whether it utilizes physical or virtual servers and private, hybrid or public clouds.
- eG mobile app: eG Enterprise v6 introduces a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. Administrators can now track the performance of their key IT services from anywhere, at any time using their mobile and tablet.
- AnyCloud technology: eG Enterprise now delivers a consolidated way to manage the entire IT infrastructure, applications and users irrespective of the means and location of the delivery. The universal agent architecture and one-view dashboard provide a unified platform to manage a myriad set of cloud based services and technologies. Administrators have a clear way to demarcate between services delivered to the customer/user and the different types of infrastructure used to deliver it. They can easily keep track of the performance of their dynamically changing environments and the impact on service delivery, SLAs and user experience.
- VDI console for end-user self-service: With eG Enterprise v6, VDI administrators can configure and publish a console with virtual desktop session usage and performance metrics. This console empowers end-users, providing them the ability to perform basic diagnosis to determine what may be causing a slowdown during virtual desktop access - e.g., their network connectivity, bandwidth usage within their session, system resources used by the session, etc. This self-service console helps reduce user complaints to the help desk and thereby reduces support costs and enhances IT productivity.
- Enhanced desktop and server virtualization monitoring: eG Enterprise includes enhanced Citrix XenServer and Microsoft Hyper-V monitoring capabilities. V6 also extends eG Enterprise's patented In-N-Out monitoring technology for servers using the Linux KVM hypervisor. For application virtualization and virtual desktop environments, eG Enterprise now includes powerful, new browser monitoring capabilities. Deeper visibility into user logons release to allow administrators to quickly identify and solve slow login issues is also part of the enhancements in this release.
Availability and Licensing
eG Enterprise V6 will be available in September. eG Enterprise is available as a subscription offering and as an on premise perpetual use software offering.
About eG Innovations
eG Innovations provides intelligent performance monitoring & management solutions that dramatically accelerate the discovery, diagnosis and resolution of service performance issues in virtual, cloud, and physical service infrastructures. Only eG Innovations offers 360-degree service visibility with automated, virtualization-aware performance correlation across every layer and every tier - from desktops to applications and from network to storage. This unique approach delivers deep, actionable insights into the true causes of cross-domain service performance issues and enables administrators to pre-emptively detect, diagnose and fix root-cause issues - before end users notice. Visit https://www.eginnovations.com for more information.
© Copyright 2014. eG Innovations. All rights reserved. All trademarks, service marks and company names are the property of their respective owners. All other company, brand and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
eG Innovations Nancy Pieretti firstname.lastname@example.org 603-268-8007 Source: eG Innovations