Iselin, NJ – April 04, 2016 - eG Innovations, leading IT performance management software provider, today announced results from its 2016 Citrix Performance Management Survey. The annual survey, jointly conducted by eG Innovations and virtualization and cloud news and support website, DABCC, Inc., explores the state of Citrix performance management to better understand the challenges, technology choices and best practices in the Citrix community. With 750 respondents representing all major industries and IT roles, the survey results offer unique insight into the state of Citrix implementations through a focus on foundational issues affecting the delivery of a satisfactory user experience.
The survey results show that the need for performance management for Citrix has grown in importance as the use cases for Citrix technology have expanded significantly. 96 percent of respondents view Citrix services as critical for their organization's business.
"Citrix is a market leader in securely delivering applications and desktops to any device, anywhere, anytime, so it is not a surprise to see so many respondents comment on how important Citrix technology is to their business," said Douglas Brown, founder of DABCC, Inc. "We found it interesting, however, that even though Citrix is one of the most critical applications for most users, only about 10 percent of those surveyed are fully satisfied with the way that they are managing their Citrix infrastructure."
- User experience is top of mind for Citrix administrators. Not being able to measure user experience is one of the top performance challenges reported by respondents.
- Nearly 70 percent of respondents reported that they use from two to five different tools to manage their Citrix infrastructure.
- 88 percent would like to use a single console for monitoring and managing all Citrix tiers in the infrastructure.
- 76 percent reported that they spend more than two days per week on troubleshooting Citrix issues.
- Nearly 60 percent believe that at least half the times that Citrix is blamed for a slowdown, the root problem is actually in one of the other tiers in the infrastructure.
- 72 percent are interested in making Citrix performance management proactive with automatic alerts to allow them to fix issues – in any tier - before users notice.
"To deliver the best possible user experience, Citrix environments need to not only be well architected but must also be well monitored and managed. This enables Citrix administrators and architects to identify and diagnose problems early on and prevent issues from escalating and impacting end users and business processes," said Srinivas Ramanathan, chief executive officer, eG Innovations. "This survey shows a significant, unfulfilled demand for end-to-end performance monitoring and management technologies that can help Citrix professionals deliver superior service to their users."
To access the entire 2016 Citrix Performance Management Survey Report please click here.
About eG Innovations
eG Innovations is dedicated to helping businesses across the globe transform IT service delivery into a competitive advantage and a center for productivity, growth and profit. Many of the world's largest businesses use eG Enterprise Universal Insight and Correlative Intelligence technologies to enhance IT service performance, increase operational efficiency, ensure IT effectiveness and deliver on the ROI promise of transformational IT investments across physical, virtual and cloud environments.