ISELIN, N.J., February 4, 2014 - eG Innovations, the award-winning provider of automated performance monitoring, diagnosis and management solutions for today's heterogeneous, multi-tier IT infrastructures, today announced support of Citrix VDI-in-a-Box ™. As a Citrix Ready® program partner, eG Innovations’ solutions are highly complementary to Citrix products and offer customers a compelling value proposition as they work to maximize their technology investments and ROI.
The eG Enterprise performance monitoring solution for Citrix VDI-in-a-Box makes it easier for enterprises and service providers to accelerate desktop transformation, deliver superior end-user experience, simplify ongoing management and reduce the total cost of ownership as they scale out their Citrix VDI-in-a-Box virtual desktop environments.
“As small and mid-size businesses and service providers′ scale out their Citrix VDI-in-a-Box deployments, performance management will become important. With eG Enterprise, IT administrators can better monitor, diagnose and report on the performance of the Citrix VDI-in-a-Box environment. This will accelerate the discovery, diagnosis and resolution of performance bottlenecks while delivering additional value through trend reporting and forecasting of performance metrics,” said David Liu, Senior Product Manager, Citrix VDI-in-a-Box, Desktops and Apps at Citrix.
eG Enterprise for Citrix VDI-in-a-Box provides a total management solution that addresses the performance monitoring, diagnosis and reporting needs of enterprises deploying virtual desktops.
Key eG Enterprise capabilities for Citrix VDI-in-a-Box include:
- Complete, 360-degree performance visibility into the Citrix VDI-in-a-Box server grid including the hypervisor, the desktop connection broker and the virtual desktops, enabling Citrix administrators to monitor the virtual desktop service as a whole through a single pane of glass.
- Deep diagnosis and drill down views inside the virtual desktops allow Citrix administrators to identify the exact cause of a performance slowdown and to initiate remedial action.
- Easy to analyze Citrix service topology views allow helpdesk staff to quickly identify which tier of the infrastructure could be affecting the user experience (e.g., network, database, application, virtualization platform, storage?).
- Automated, virtualization-aware problem diagnosis allows desktop service managers to accelerate the discovery, diagnosis and resolution of bottlenecks that impact the user experience.
- Powerful historical and trend reporting and forecasting enables Citrix architects to identify how to right-size and optimize the Citrix infrastructure to get more out of their investments in Citrix technologies and ensure maximum ROI.
“Until recently, discussions around desktop virtualization have centered on architecture and platform choices. As desktop virtualization technology has matured, the focus is shifting to manageability and the need to get more out of current and new investments. eG Enterprise for Citrix VDI-in-a-Box is the latest addition to our portfolio of Citrix performance management solutions. By providing proactive monitoring, rapid diagnosis and effective capacity forecasting and planning capabilities, eG Enterprise for Citrix VDI-in-a-Box enables enterprise and service providers to scale out their Citrix VDI-in-a-Box deployments without compromising on performance or ROI,” said Matt Wrabley, Vice President, Business Development for eG Innovations.
eG Enterprise for Citrix VDI-in-a-Box is available now and is also supported as part of the eG Enterprise On Tap cloud hosted performance monitoring SaaS offering from eG Innovations.
For more information on eG Innovations’ performance monitoring for Citrix VDI-in-a-Box, click here: https://www.eginnovations.com/vdi-virtual-desktop-monitoring
For more information about eG Innovations’ recent announcement about eG Enterprise’s verification as Citrix Ready click here.
About eG Innovations
eG Innovations provides intelligent performance monitoring & management solutions that dramatically accelerate the discovery, diagnosis, and resolution of service performance issues in virtual, cloud, and physical service infrastructures. Only eG Innovations offers 360-degree service visibility with automated, virtualization-aware performance correlation across every layer and every tier - from desktops to applications and from network to storage. This unique approach delivers deep, actionable insights into the true causes of cross-domain service performance issues and enables administrators to pre-emptively detect, diagnose and fix root-cause issues - before end users notice.
eG Innovations award-winning performance monitoring & management solutions are trusted by the world's most demanding companies to enable superior user experience, keep mission-critical business services at peak performance and deliver on the ROI promise of transformational IT investments. Customers include: JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup, Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation, AllScripts, Honeywell, Samsung, Marathon Oil, OfficeMax and many more.