eG Universal Agent: Monitor all of IT.
More than ever before, monitoring solutions are under great scrutiny. When an application performance problem happens, IT managers are often asked why the monitoring solution they have did not detect the problem. Having expertise in the key applications and infrastructure being managed and being able to collect the right metrics that are early warning indicators of problems is a key for a monitoring solution to be effective.
The eG Universal Agent technology has been designed to make monitoring easy and effective. An eG agent deployed on a server monitors the server hardware, operating system and all of the applications running on it. The agent monitor function is universal in the sense that the same license can be used to deploy an agent irrespective of the operating system to be monitored or the applications to be monitored. This allows unparalleled deployment flexibility for IT managers. The universal agent can be deployed on the gold images or remotely and rapidly pushed to target systems using any software deployment tool.
Application specific protocols, APIs and utilities are used to interface with and collect metrics from 10+ operating systems, 180+ applications and 10+ virtualization platforms.
- Low overhead through multi-level monitoring: 0.1-0.3% CPU, 0.5-1 Kbps of bandwidth
- Fast deployment through universal licensing model, independent of server hardware or applications monitored
- Hassle-free and secure operation based on 100% web architecture
- Managed service provider friendly architecture allows monitoring across firewalls and private networks
- Zero maintenance with auto-upgrade capability
- Multi-perspective monitoring (active and passive) allowing 360 degree visibility into service performance
- Universal agent licensing avoids the laborious and time-consuming process of configuring each and every agent
- No need to modify firewall rules to get the monitoring agent to work
- No need to set up VPNs just for the monitoring agent
- Visibility and expertise in monitoring every layer of every tier (network, server, application, storage, virtualization)
- Domain expertise to enable early and proactive detection of problems
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
- eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic IT infrastructure performance monitor
- Only eG Enterprise automatically provides actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate, from application code to bare metal
- Understand the impact of infrastructure issues on application performance and user experience
- Unify performance monitoring, alerting, diagnosing, reporting, and capacity-planning in a single console
- Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency
- Benefit from flexible deployment options (on-premises and SaaS) and monitoring approaches (agentless and agent-based)
“With eG Innovations, we are reducing system maintenance and support costs, avoiding incremental IT spending and eliminating system downtime across the hospital. Performance and prediction reports help us optimize IT spending and save $100,000 per year.”
Manager, ICT GHZ
“eG Innovations delivers a robust, reliable and extremely valuable solution to deliver maximum uptime and user satisfaction. Pre-emptive alerting helps us to address performance issues immediately before they affect system and application availability.”
Senior Manager, Allscripts