Leading-Edge GPU Monitoring for End-User Satisfaction and Productivity
GPU virtualization enables a better experience for end-users - for application rendering, video playback, other graphics-intensive workloads. NVIDIA has lead the way in virtualized GPU processing with integrated hardware and software solutions that offer organizations many options for graphics processing deployment and smart management of GPU resource allocation.
Successful and cost-effective utilization of graphics resources requires a performance monitoring solution with total visibility into GPU resources, allowing the monitoring solution to report bottlenecks that arise and to enable successful future resource planning.
eG Enterprise-NVIDIA Partnership for End-User Experience Lifecycle Management
GPU technology improves virtual desktops and applications, but to reap the full benefits of an immersive user experience that scales, organizations need a complete lifecycle of managing the user experience - from designing infrastructure, to managing and optimizing a production environment, to responding to user issues dynamically, in real-time. eG Innovations in partnership with NVIDIA is delivering comprehensive monitoring capabilities that enable IT to better manage all aspects of the user experience, tapping into new GPU-sourced insights that aid in design, right-sizing, proactive infrastructure optimization and help desk issue remediation. This new joint solution integrates eG Enterprise with NVIDIA GRID software to provide actionable insights through host-level, guest-level, and application-level analytics.
eG Enterprise monitors all aspects of GPU performance:
- GPU utilization at the hypervisor-level (when the GPU is hypervisor controlled)
- GPU utilization at the VM level (when the GPU is VM-controlled)
- Frame rates at the VMs
- Utilization of GPU and BAR1 (prefetch) memory
- Hardware metrics, including power and temperature of the GPU grids
- Which applications in the VMs are using GPU resources
eG Enterprise GPU Monitoring
eG Enterprise supports GPU monitoring for NVIDIA K1 and K2 Grids installed on VMware vSphere and Citrix XenServer. All key KPIs related to GPU processing are tracked. vGPU and pass-through GPU configurations are monitored and the utilization of vGPU at the virtual desktop level is reported for Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop and VMware Horizon View.
With eG Enterprise's GPU monitoring capabilities, it is easy to discover if a slowdown is being caused by inadequate GPU resources available on the host, excessive utilization of GPU memory or processing resources by a few VMs/virtual desktops on the host.
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
- eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic IT infrastructure performance monitor
- Only eG Enterprise automatically provides actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate, from application code to bare metal
- Understand the impact of infrastructure issues on application performance and user experience
- Unify performance monitoring, alerting, diagnosing, reporting, and capacity-planning in a single console
- Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency
- Benefit from flexible deployment options (on-premises and SaaS) and monitoring approaches (agentless and agent-based)