Adding an APC ATS
eG Enterprise monitors the APC ATS switch using an eG external agent that is deployed on any remote host in the environment. This eG agent polls the SNMP MIB of the APC ATS at configured intervals to gather its performance statistics .
Before attempting to monitor the switch, ensure that the switch is SNMP-enabled. The steps for manually adding an APC ATS component are detailed below:
- Login to the eG admin interface as a user with administrative privileges.
- Follow the Infrastructure -> Components -> Add/Modify Component menu sequence in the Admin tile menu.
- From the page that appears, select APC ATS as the Component type and click the Add New Component button.
Figure 1 will then appear.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name for the APC Automatic Transfer Switch component.
- Choose an external agent for the target switch by picking an option from the External agents list box.
- Finally, click the Add button to add the component to the eG Enterprise system.