Adding an Apigee Edge Component
eG Enterprise cannot auto-discover an Apigee Edge server. This is why, you need to manually add an Apigee Edge component to the eG Enterprise system to monitor it. The steps for manually adding the Apigee Edge component are detailed below:
- Login to the eG admin interface.
Click on the Add Component button in the right corner of the Components at a Glance page that appeared (see Figure 1).
- The Components page will then appear. In the Components page, select Apigee Edge as the Component type and click the Add New Component button.
Figure 2 will then appear.
- Specify the Host IP/Name and the Nick name for the Apigee Edge component in Figure 2.
- Since Apigee Edge server is by default monitored in an agentless manner, the Agentless flag will be enabled. Let the default settings remain in the OS and Mode selection boxes.
- Next, select the Remote agent and External agent that will monitor the target Apigee Edge component.
- Finally, click the Add button to register the changes.
Once the Apigee Edge component is added successfully, you will be again redirected to the Components page (see Figure 3). Using the options provided in the Components page, you can modify, unmanage or delete the newly added component. In addition, you can also configure the tests, set thresholds and maintenance policies, and change the IP address.
To collect the performance metrics, you may need to configure the tests that are mapped to the Apigee Edge component. To configure the tests that need manual configuration, click on the icon in Figure 3. This will lead you to the Specific Test Configuration page where the unconfigured tests for the Apigee Edge component will be listed in the Unconfigured Tests list box.
- Now, click on the test name to configure it. To know how to configure the tests, refer to Monitoring the Apigee Edge Server.