How to Monitor Dell Switch N-Series Using eG Enterprise?
eG Enterprise monitors the Dell Switch N Series using an eG external agent. This agent can be deployed on any remote host in the environment. This agent is capable of monitoring the performance of the switch by polling the SNMP MIB of the switch at regular intervals. Ensure that the Dell Switch N Series is SNMP-enabled before you start monitoring the target switch.
Managing the Dell Switch N Series
The eG Enterprise cannot automatically discover the Dell Switch N Series. This implies that you need to manually add the component for monitoring. Remember that the components added manually will be manage automatically. To add a Dell Switch N Series component, do the following:
- Log into the eG administrative interface.
- Follow the Components -> Add/Modify menu sequence in the Infrastructure tile of the Admin menu.
Figure 1 : Adding the Dell Switch N Series
- Specify the Host IP/Name and Nick name of the Dell Switch N Series component (see ). Then, click on the Add button to register the changes.
When you attempt to sign out, a list of unconfigured tests appears.
Figure 2 : List of tests to be configured for Dell Switch N Series
- Click on the test names to configure. To know how to configure the tests, refer to Monitoring the Dell Switch N Series chapter.
- Finally, signout of the eG administrative interface.